Pages

Tuesday 29 March 2011

The last makeover...

My adventure begins not this past Saturday, but the Saturday before that. My cousin was about to turn the big 3-5, which for her, is her 'scary age'. So, in light of this big occasion, she decided that she was going to "face her scary age with a new face!" She decided she would like to go the the MAC counter and get a makeover for her birthday. I love MAC, it's the only makeup that I use and I had never had a makeover done before, so I thought this would be a super fun way to celebrate with her! Key word....*thought*

I met my makeup artist Matt, and he was awesome! Funny, listened to what I wanted, yet really wanted to get playful and do something different from what I normally do with my makeup. Which, on a daily basis consists of tinted SPF moisturizer, lip gloss and some mascara. I don't wear a lot of makeup. I informed Matt of my sensitive skin, and that I wanted something that I could use for a day look, but that he could boost up for that night. Let me tell you...the amount of makeup that was used was IN.SANE! I have NEVER worn that much makeup before in my entire life. Primer, foundation, mineral setting powder, eyelid primer, 3 different eye shadows, lip liner, lip gloss, mascara and eyeliner. Oh my god, the eyeliner! I have never worn eyeliner on what he called the "water line". The inside edge of the bottom lid. So of course, he puts it there, it felt weird and made my eyes water, but he said that it was normal, it's just that my eyes aren't used to wearing makeup there. Once he was finished, it felt weird to even look at myself. I felt so aware of all the makeup on my face, and felt certain that everyone else would be just as aware of it when we went out for drinks after we were done. But nevertheless, I thought it was a fun change:
Once drinks were done, and we made our way back to my cousin's place to crash for the night. I couldn't wait to wash my face and get it back to the blank canvas so my poor skin could breathe again! Roll around to Wednesday, and I start to notice that my bottom lid on my left eye is developing a little bump (stye). Whatever, I've had one before, no big...

Oh boy...by Sunday:
PANIC! The bump only continues to grow larger, my eye is almost completely bloodshot, and the skin below my eye is yellowish-purple...a BLACK EYE!! Monday morning rolls around, and I immediately make an appointment with my optometrist to get this taken care of. He informs me that it's likely because the makeup blocked several of the glands in my eyelid, and so it's still trying to secrete the oils to keep my eye lubricated, but the blockage is causing it to just build up under the skin because it can't get out. I cannot tell you HOW PAINFUL it is to blink, sneeze, cough, laugh, anything that involves my top lid closing and touching the bottom lid!

So I'm now on medicated ointment to try to prevent infection, reduce the swelling. And I have to put a hot compress on my eye several times every night, massaging upwards to try to unblock the glands. All of this because of some stupid eyeliner! Let me tell you, it will be the last makeover I ever do again. If I am convinced to do another one, I will be sure to tell them to STAY AWAY from the eyeliner/eye shadow around the inside edge of my lower lids. I hope to never experience this again!

0 comments:

Post a Comment