Pages

Thursday 17 March 2011

Making changes

For awhile, I've been using a Lancome facial cleanser that I've been happy with. However, the other day I discovered that Lancome (which is a subsidiary of L'Oreal) tests their products on animals. As soon as I found that out, I immediately stopped using the products. I cannot support a company that tests their products on animals.

 So...I started researching. After all of our discussion in my class with my students about ways we can create a more sustainable community, I really started to think about the products that I use, and where they come from. I would like to begin supporting as many local companies as possible. So while I was researching new cleansing products, I started looking at The Rocky Mountain Soap Company. They are a company based out of Canmore (it is a young couple who own the company), all of their products are natural (no added chemicals, preservatives, colours, fragrances) and they "only test on the owners, not animals" Now this is a company that I can get on board with! so I purchased the Transformative Cleasning oil


and the soothing toner
And I have to say, the toner smells AMAZING! It makes my skin feel so silky soft. I have really sensitive skin to begin with and it dries out really easily and can be prone to breakouts, so I'm hoping that this will help soften my skin and improve my complexion. I'll see how the cleanser and the toner work, and then I might also buy the moisturizing cream to go along with it if I find that my skin is still dry. I'll be sure to post a review as I continue to use this product, and if it works well, I really think it's a product that I would recommend to my friends and family.
I think it's important to start becoming more aware of where my everyday products and food comes from and start to make changes to support more local. This is a goal that I'd really like to stick to from now on.

0 comments:

Post a Comment